Nitecore Intelligent Charger i2 & i4 - User Manual
The Intellicharge i2 is a universal, automatic smart-charger compatible with almost all types of rechargeable batteries thus eliminating the need to own several chargers. The i2 is able to automatically identify Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries and apply an appropriate charging mode (Constant Charge Current (CC), Constant Charge Voltage (CV) and Trickle Charge). Each of the i2’s two microcomputer-controlled charging slots is capable of monitoring and charging batteries independently. Additionally, yellow and blue power/charging status indicator lights could visibly indicate battery status and charging process. i2: The all-new highly advanced smart charger. It’s as simple as insert, detect, and charge.
- Capable of charging 2 batteries simultaneously
- Each of the two battery slots monitors and charges independently
- Compatible with and identifies Li-ion (26650, 22650, 18650, 17670, 18490, 17500, 18350, 16340(RCR123), 14500, 10440), Ni-MH and Ni-Cd (AA, AAA, AAAA, C) rechargeable batteries
- Optimized charging design for IMR batteries
- Features three charging modes (CC, CV and Trickle Charge)
- Automatically detects battery status and selects the appropriate voltage and charge mode
- 3 Color LED displays charging progress for each battery
- Automatically stops charging when complete
- Features over-charge prevention to protect batteries
- Made from durable ABS (fire retardant / flame resistant)
- Features reverse polarity protection
- Designed for optimal heat dissipation
- Certified by RoHS, CE, FCC, CEC and KC
- Insured worldwide by Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China, Ltd.
- Input : AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.25A(MAX) or DC 12V 1A
- Output voltage: 4.2V ±1% / 1.48V ±1%
- Output current: 500mA × 2
- Dimensions: 131mm × 69mm × 36mm
- Weight: 116g (without batteries and power cord)
- Compatible with: Li-ion / IMR: 26650, 22650, 18650, 17670, 18490, 17500, 18350,16340(RCR123), 14500, 10440 and Ni-MH / Ni-Cd: AA, AAA, AAAA, C
- Plug one end of the power cord or car charger adapter to the charger’s power input. Plug the other end of the cord into a wall outlet or the cigarette lighter receptacle in your vehicle. All yellow power indicators will illuminate as the charger runs a quick self-test. The yellow power indicators will turn off automatically once testing has completed.
- The i2 features two charging slots, with each slot able to charge batteries independently. Rechargeable batteries of differing chemistries and voltages may be charged simultaneously using 1 or 2 of the charging slots.
Ni-MH/Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries only. See above for description of battery sizes.
- When inserting a battery ensure the positive and negative ends correspond with the positive (+) and negative (-) symbols on the charger. Incorrectly inserting the batteries will result in the reverse polarity circuit being activated causing the charge status lights to blink rapidly. Should this occur reposition the batteries to the correct polarity.
- When one or two batteries are charged at the same time, each charging slot will receive a maximum output current of 0.5A. When the battery is inserted incorrectly or it’s not a rechargeable battery, three yellow power indicators will blink rapidly to remind user.
Warning: Charging current higher than 0.5A might overheat 10440&15266 Li-ion batteries. It is not recommended to charge these batteries with i2 in order to preserve battery longevity.
For every installed battery, the i2 will activate the battery by charging it for six seconds at a low current. If zero voltage is detected, all three yellow power indicators will blink quickly. If activation fails the first time, please remove and reinstall the battery once again and activate for the second time.
Note: The i2 is not recommended for use with over-discharged (zero volt)
UNPROTECTED Li-ion batteries. Li-ion batteries without a protection circuit can potentially cause a fire or explosion.
Overtime PreventionThe i2 is equipped with an advanced ‘overtime’ safety function. The i2 will individually monitor the elapsed charging time for each battery slot and if a particular slot exceeds 20 hours, the i2 will automatically power off the slot and three yellow power indicators will stop blinking and illuminate steadily to indicate completion of the charging process. This feature reduces the risk caused by batteries of lesser quality.
- When charging different battery types simultaneously (for example, li-ion
- The i2 is restricted to charging Li-ion, IMR, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries only. Never use the i2 for other types of batteries as this could result in battery explosion, cracking or leaking, causing property damage and/or personal injury.
- The i2 should only be used indoors or inside a motor vehicle. Do not expose it to water, high humidity, low or high ambient temperatures.
- Do not disassemble or modify the charger.
- Children under the age of 18 should be supervised by an adult when using the i2.
- The i2’s safe operating temperature is between 0ô€‚¥--40ô€‚¥.
- Do not use or store the charger near open flames, direct sunlight, heating devices or other high-temperature environments.
Warranty ServiceAll NITECORE® products enjoy a comprehensive after sale warranty service.
A malfunctioning NITECORE® i2 charger may be exchanged for a replacement by a local authorized distributor/dealer within the first 15 days of receipt by the end user. After 15 days and up to 12 months, the i2 may be sent to an authorized distributor/dealer for repair. Beyond 12 months, the warranty covers labor costs and maintenance with the exclusion of accessories or replacement parts.
The warranty is nullified in any of the following situations:
- The product(s) is/are broken down, reconstructed and/or modified under unauthorized conditions.
- The product(s) is/are damaged through improper use.
- The product(s) is/are damaged by leakage of batteries.
The Nitecore official website shall prevail in case of any product data changes.
SYSMAX Industry Co., Ltd.
Addressô€„Ÿô€€? Rm1401, Glorious Tower, 850 East Dongfeng Road, Guangzhou, China 510600